More methods of offline transactions like radio waves

While NIMIQ is most known for its browser-based blockchain, it’s a healthy reminder that few important members of the group that created the Internet have the master keys to shut it down. In this case, we should have alternative ways to transact Nimiq through offline means such as radio waves, mesh networks, ad hocs, bluetooth and any form of communication device that internet has little or no involvement in. Transactions through com units is another way.

I don’t know if cold wallets like Ledger can do offline transactions but if it can, other ways should be considered too. Appreciated.

2 Likes

Agree, Nimiq needs it!

2 Likes

hey i got the same idea yesterday evening, because i remember my time in the navy (no internet inside the ship and at sea) and a lot of situations where i got no internet… to load a value to an possible offline wallet at the smartphone or laptop, like cash at the atm, and if you need it in an offline area to got the possibility pay directly via bluetooth or NFC and verify/reload if an internetconnection is possible again

You can sign transactions offline then you just need a signal or something to relay it online.