Nimiq Community Fundraising for Binance Charity

Nimiq is an innovative Blockchain, native to the web. We (the Nimiq Community) believe that Nimiq has a great future as a payment protocol.

We as the NIMIQ community, share the Ideology of Binance and the Binance Charity, we have therefore decided to raise funds which will be publically donated to the Binance Charity. We hope as an “added” bonus of this Fundraising effort, that Binance will then list NIMIQ on the Binance exchange, but we are aware this is not a guaranteed outcome.

Nimiq and Binance are both engaged to make the world a better place to live.

Binance’s new listing fee policies are pretty much compatible with Nimiq’s commitment “We want Nimiq to serve the planet and the people. For this reason 2% of total NIM supply will be issued over a period of 10 years to a non-profit organization which funds people working on projects with high social or ecological impact.”

:closed_lock_with_key:Richy (the Nimiq Community Manager) will add and lock the donations address soon for security and we can then start the fundraising towards this goal. It’s been suggested that at the end of each week the NIM donated should be converted to BNB in readiness for the transfer to Binance Charity as well as avoiding a shock to the NIM value by avoiding a big selloff.

:pick:You can also set your NIMIQ miners to mine directly to the donations address in support of the Fundraising Effort :smiley:

:heart: As part of this Fundraising effort, NIMIQ has generously donated a Ledger Hardware Wallet and some NIM as a prize to the winner of “Best Designed Image or Gif”. The “original” royalty free Image or Gif (you must own the created image/gif submitted), should be designed to help NIMIQ promote this Fundraising effort on Twitter or Email or other media etc. The design theme is this Fundraising effort for a Binance Exchange listing. Richy (the Nimiq Community Manager) will select the winner.
Submissions for contest must be posted here and the contest will run until…(waiting for confirmation from Richy)

8 Likes

Make nimiq great (again).
Start donating, 10,000 NIM is not much, 1 NIM is quite a lot.

Great idea @Cyebit! I think we should ask the team Nimiq to create an accounts for donations!

2 Likes

Maybe with the protection of a HTLC wallet.

2 Likes

Cool… feel free to edit it a bit or to add some statements… my english isn t perfect :slight_smile:

Add also this:

Nimiq and Binance are both engaged to make the world a better place to live.
Binance’s new listing fee policies are pretty much compatible with Nimiq’s commitment “We want Nimiq to serve the planet and the people. For this reason 2% of total NIM supply will be issued over a period of 10 years to a non-profit organization which funds people working on projects with high social or ecological impact.”

Articles:

Nimiq Network Token Sale Terms:

Binances new listing fee policies:

Yes, you might be right… Maybe we can make the post a little shorter… But I think it is important to point that “environmental effort” part out.

2 Likes

Finance Binance Alliance
$100K right now is about 1.5% of total NIM supply. Seems doable. Perhaps, a % of the donations can be matched by Team Nimiq to make it seem even more achievable?

If “the community” thinks it needs to be on Binance, “the community” should pay $100K out of there own pocket. I would guess that there are only 50 to 200 people who are steadily shouting for Binance. Why should I give Binance $100K !? Look, NavCoin is on Binance - they had a short term effect. That is all what happens. Team Nimiq could invest $100K for an additional developer, research, talks etc - but never ever 1% of NIM which we hope are worth a lot in some years. Furthermore I think that the exchange ecosystem will change over the years - the AgoraTrade and WEG Bank colaboration is superb: let Nimiq just develop their coin and ecosystem like they do.

2 Likes

I may have been unclear on my last post. I should of just said Nimiq instead of ‘Team Nimiq’ when refering to matching a percentage of contributions. I don’t want any individual to have to contribute against their will.

It’s not like this 1% is gone forever. Also, if a Binance listing only raised the price of NIM by 2% it would of already made a ROI. I can see your point though, Nimiq is very special and definitly deserves to be listed just because of its great tech in fact it will disrupt the very exchange we want to get listed on. But, for people to find this diamond in the rough of cryptocurrency, it is only harder when visability is limited.

4 Likes

@Richy Any update on the donation addresses being added as yet?

2 Likes

Is this something we want to pursue right now given that Nimiq got listed in KuCoin?

Why did you post this? And even more curious, why are you reviving an 8 month old post?

1 Like