Problem upgrading to new multi-address address

Hey together, first sorry for my english, I think it could be better :)))
I only need a little help _- after the upgrade to new multi-address accounts
I can’t transfer my funds from my old single-account; every time I want to
make a transaction I have to login again and again with my recovery-words
and the password; I see the balance of the account but I have no chance to use it;
any dea to solve this problem ? don’t forget I’m a normal user, no profi !!!

Thanks for your answer; the browser is Opera; yes, I use the safe; no adblock;
every time I close the browser, the account is gone; I have to add it several times; when I want to transfer the funds for a moment in the keyguard.nimiq.com appears an error and at the end the message is keyguard.nimiq.com/request/import/ and then I have to give in the recovery-words and the password again and again;

You have to give some more info, like are you using the safe? Any error shown? How are you transferring the funds? Any adblock on?

1 Like

Hello Klaus!

German? =)
What browser are you using? Is this on a phone? iPhone?
Is this your only account, or do you have other accounts in the Safe?

1 Like

You have won, yes German :wink: browser is Opera, no adblock; computer;
two other accounts ( Ledger and multi-address account with login-file )

That is really weird. Is your hard drive nearly full, so that the browser can’t store any more?

Do you have another browser available to import your old account into to transfer the NIM?

1 Like

No, there is enough free storage; now I will try it with Chrome, Explorer and Firefox;
may be I’ll find the wright settings; I’ll tell you

Hey Soeren,
no chance - I can’t use my account; after login with recovery-words and password I
get the message “your account is ready”, but that’s all; if I try to send some Nimiq for
example in the address-bar of the Chrome-Browser is this shown:
https://keyguard.nimiq.com/request/import/?rpcld=888270570#import-file
so for me it looks like you can use your account only with a login-file or a Ledger;
for information - the next few days I can’t answer you, I need some days without
computer and internet:wink:

Hey Soeren,
here I’m back again :wink: any idea to solve my problem ?

Import your old account recovery words into this snapshot of the old Nimiq safe, and send the funds from there to a new address from those in your new multi-address account previously created on the new Nimiq safe. In case you are wondering whether that website is safe, it’s open source and it’s hosted directly on GitHub as a static website, which means that everything is done in your browser without sharing anything with the server side.

First thanks for your help, but it doesn’t work; after the import of my
recovery-words I got the message “Loading Request” and then
“408:Request Timeout”; then I had to start again;

Please check that the Ad-Blocker is disabled for that website, and also try to open the page with Chrome, if I remember correctly it works with all ever-green browsers, except maybe Microsoft Edge since I’m on a Mac. It could be also some issue related to your internet connection, that happens to me all the time because of where I live.

2 Likes

Finally done :grinning: thank you very much and greetings from Bavaria

1 Like

Happy to help :blush: