Testing USDC support in the Nimiq Wallet

Hi! Thank you for helping us with testing our new USDC (Polygon) integration which allows you to:

1. Swap between NIM-BTC-USDC (Polygon)
  2. Send USDC (Polygon) without the need to hold or handle Polygon (Matic).

Please make sure to post any issues with a screenshot and description in this channel so our development team can take care of it!

Get started:

1. Go to wallet.nimiq.com and create a wallet (if you have an existing one, please update the wallet by pressing “update wallet” on the green pop-up prompt).
  2. Open the settings.
  3. Scroll down to find the “Trials” password field.
  4. Enter: much-stable-such-wow (and hit enter)

And you are good to go!
Please let me know if you need any help.

PS: Ledgers are not supported yet!

2 Likes

Not an issue, just wanted to post that I had a successful NIM-USDC swap then USDC transfer to USDC in MATIC address, all in Nimiq Wallet. I noticed through the swap process, NIM side created a Basic Account during step 3/5 then it converts to HTLC contract after.

Also, not an issue. Everything - just works!!!

Tried BTC->USDC , BTC->NIM, USDC->NIM, NIM->USDC (between 2 - 5 minutes each)

Browser - Chrome Version 111.0.5563.65 (Official Build) (64-bit)
PC - Windows 11Pro - Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Sending USDC (Polygon) was near instant. Very nice.

Also tried on Brave browser with similar results - with Shield Up and Down

Browser - Brave - Version 1.49.120 Chromium: 111.0.5563.64 (Official Build) (64-bit)
PC - Windows 11Pro - Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621

Somehow, when trying to empty the USDC back to NIM, $0.012 or $0.013 keeps getting left behind.

Yes, that is currently expected until a few more days. We are currently estimating the fee to be slightly higher than it actually is, to be on the safe side, as we don’t know yet how much exactly the gas-abstracted txs cost. Once we have a bit of volume, we can see their actual cost and we’ll adjust the numbers so there won’t be any remainder left.

1 Like

Hey Team, thanks for your work with USDC implementation - I haven’t experienced any issues.

Though I thought I just might point out, that I potentially may incorrectly be seeing the “Swap not possible. Ledger accounts are not supported.” message since this upgrade.

I just feel as though it might be out of place as 1. There is no visible option for me to swap to USDC on my ledger account (expected for ledger account). 2. I can still swap between NIM & BTC on this screen. So the alert isn’t relevant to what I’m currently doing…

I’ve logged out of my ledger account and confirmed that the message still shows. I’ve tried both Edge/Brave - same thing occurs.

Microsoft Edge
Version 111.0.1661.54 (Official build) (64-bit)

Brave
Version 1.49.128 Chromium: 111.0.5563.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi Harley!

sorry, I didn’t see your post until now, but we have fixed the erroneous Ledger error on the 7th of April. Let me know if it still doesn’t work for you :slight_smile:

1 Like