Update: Nimiq OASIS Limited Public Beta

Dear Nimiq Community,

with this forum post I’d like to keep you updated on the latest developments with regard to our Nimiq OASIS (Open Asset Swap Interaction Scheme) Limited Public Beta. As you have seen on our social media channels, we are currently working on a limited public beta version of Nimiq OASIS that will enable users that have access to a SEPA Instant capable Euro bank account to buy up to 100,00 € worth of NIM and/or BTC with our non-custodial fiat-to-crypto atomic swap.

As you know, Nimiq’s vision is to enable barrier-free value exchange, including an easy-to-use fiat on-ramp into NIM and BTC. Due to the technical requirement of sending an instant bank transaction in order to use the fiat-crypto-swap, the release of Nimiq OASIS requires users to have a SEPA Instant outgoing capable Euro bank account (SCT Inst, also called ‘instant transactions’ or ‘realtime transactions’).

Until additional ‘instant’ or ‘near instant’ currency bank transfers can be integrated with OASIS, Team Nimiq strives to provide an easy on-ramp into NIM and BTC for as many users outside of Europe as possible too. That’s why we’re in advanced talks with a popular ‘Buy Crypto with Credit Card’ provider that will enable users in more than 160 countries to easily buy NIM and BTC with credit card. (Please note that for users in the US only BTC will be available for purchase with credit card, but can then be easily swapped to NIM directly in the Nimiq Wallet.)

For those reasons we decided to wait with the launch of the limited public beta of OASIS until the credit card solution is fully implemented and publicly usable. Indications are that this could be completed by end of January, but we can’t provide a definitive timeline just yet.

You can apply for a ‘Private Test’ of the OASIS Limited Beta already, if you are a user with a SEPA Instant capable Euro bank account. All you have to do is get in touch with me on Telegram and I’ll be happy to put you on the waiting-list for access to the Limited Beta.

I look forward to the launch of both the limited public OASIS beta and the easy credit card on-ramp - stay tuned for more updates!

Decentrally yours,
Max

12 Likes

Which banks in indonesia do have SEPA feature, or it’s only banks in europe?

1 Like

Bank’s in europe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, got it. Thanks.

Large step forward. Congrats to the team!

3 Likes

It’s works like a charm! Did two transactions both averaged about 5 minutes. I know people were complaining about the graphics needed to be more mature. I love it. It perfectly animates the process. Simple. Easy. Intuitive.

Well done!

4 Likes

Worked for me using Revolut. Thanks Team Nimiq. Looking forward to 2.0

1 Like