Worldwide Nimiq Hackathon!

“Good marketing makes the company look smart. Great marketing makes the customer feel smart.” — Joe Chernov

Nimiq is premised on the concept of blockchain made simple. It provides an avenue for your ‘everyday’ Javascript developer to do something he/she would otherwise never be able to: create a blockchain based application. Nimiq is the ONLY project in the crypto ecosystem that allows for this opportunity and, in my opinion, needs to leverage this uniqueness.

I therefore think Nimiq should host a worldwide hackathon, challenging any willing dev to create an app based off the Nimiq platform. Not only could a competition of this nature help Nimiq garner widespread attention, it would also provide a means to enlarge the community through engagement, and could potentially spawn new use-cases for Nimiq. Furthermore, it would promote Nimiq in a manner that would feel absolutely nothing like a traditional commercial stunt. The winner gets a million Nim, and Nim’s legal team (with the appropriate disclaimers in-place), get the rights to all submitted ideas and apps.

As always, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

I would be down for it I do that for a living computer programmer web designer for 18 years so I would not mind the challenge

It could be a game jame too, so that not only developers have a chance to join the endeveors, but also small multidisciplinary teams like those participating in game jams. Although the Nimiq Community Founding Board’s reactive/proactive rewards could already get us covered there, and it wouldn’t have to be a Nimiq-only event, but rather an already scheduled game jam.

For instance, imagine that participating teams could use the Nimiq blockchain in some creative ways in their games, and add a Nimiq donation button too. Then they could share a video game “postmortem” with the Nimiq community and some well known news website or blog in the gaming industry like Gamasutra. I’m pretty sure that something like that would be rewarded by the Nimiq Community Founding Board :wink:

I agree with u on that

`

1 Like
  1. Gitcoin also does hackathons. I’m sure there are other crypto/web3 hackathons as well.

2. There should be a single, clear requirement for use of Nimiq. For instance: Make payments with NIM even easier for a certain usecase

3. Someone needs to request funding and organize it

NIMIQ just needs to attend all the other community events, there are some starting to pop up again but everything was very suppressed during the whole pandemic which wasted a lot of time and advertising opportunity, thankfully we have a solid team that used the time to complete a lot of upgrades and bug fixes on the road to 2.0