Nimiq.com New Website

It feels like a Reddit pun tbh :sweat_smile:

Well, it absolutely depends on how this pun works for native speakers. I finally get the idea of ‘easy money’. It is to grasp attention and create curiosity - polarization here is not bad at all. But people need to understand on the second thought, that it is about a secure and valued currency which is just easy to use for retailers and customers. That is why the sub-headers are high important. As an example:

Simple-to-use, secure and censorship-resistant cryptocurrency.
Availability in seconds via standard internet browser.
Free and easy terminal integration. Instant payments.
Enabling feeless swaps to your currency of choice.

Such sub-headers prime with a vertical SAFE and address customers as well as retailers. And they are informative.

If ‘Hand some money’ is a valid pun than it could include more positive curiosity compared to ‘easy money’.

I think polarization is a good thing, but too much of a good thing can be bad. We already have such a thought provoking and meaningful logo, why try so hard to be mysterious with the slogan. Nimiq is supposed to be straightforward and easy to understand, so why shouldn’t it’s slogan?

Plus the word “easy” within 2 words of “money” just has a really bad connotation.

1 Like

In addition: NIM - Native Internet Money

1 Like

Sounds stupid to me. It is new today, it will be old tomorrow. A „timeless“ slogan would fit better imho

After reading all of the explanations and suggestions, Open Money is good. It’s short and sweet and you DO NOT need an entire forum thread to explain it. It should grab you immediately and place an idea in a users head and this accomplishes that.

Great job on the new site, looking good!

I think Easy Money is a great idea. Similar to the plain hexagon logo, it took a while to grow on me. But now I think it’s a fantastic slogan, just as I now think the plain hexagon was a stroke of brilliance. There was some other part of the site that said Easy Access. Making ‘Easy’ a theme that shows up in different parts of the website would drive home the point of Nimiq’s ease of use. I see they changed it to Open Money; personally I’m not clear on what that means.

Hey guys, so we brought the discussion from here back to the entire team and ‘Open Money’ is the result. It’s close to its predecessor in terms of being crisp and easy to grasp. It’s a trade from being a bit provocative and thus activating to being a more positive and inviting while remaining a bit cryptic and thus creating curiosity. Personally, I think the ‘Easy Money’ would’ve worked better but I’m happy with ‘Open Money’ as well.
Why ‘Open Money’? Accessibility is key to Nimiq and in the end the motivation to be easy. This is reflected in the UX, in being open source but also in the way the community is welcoming and, well, open. Nimiq is a payment system that is open to everyone, no matter where you’re from what you believe in or how wealthy you are. It goes hard on the borderless character – although this is a given for a lot of cryptos.
It’s also representative for the way the team works, with close to nothing being kept secret and everyone is able to express themselves and be heard.

Thanks to everyone who engaged in this discussion so far, we wouldn’t have iterated the slogan without your input.

5 Likes

Thanks, we sure did put a lot of work in it, haha although I guess the result looked more like we just killed the Dollar sign.

I think Nimiq s goal should be to somehow become a better VISA Payment method. The Nimiq tech makes it easy to use. Nice. This could be pointed out with something like: „permissionless and decentralized payment system built for everyone“

“Open Money” is so catchy, that there already are some sites named after it. openmoney.org, openmoney.info, openmoneyinitiative.org, open money twitter account. I assume you would not use it as a brand though.

Glad that is settled! Couldn’t be happier - well, I could, but beggars and choosers, you know? Now, about that switch to POS… :wink:

1 Like

I’d personally prefer more serious words. Nimiq is funny with those Icons, wich is good… but we shouldn’t forget what Nimiq is: money. We need some contrast to the beautiful and awesome looking UI, with a simple and yet serious slogan for Nimiq

1 Like

What about something like: “Money. Easy. Done.”

What about something that relies to the proprieties of its technology: blockchain. Some keywords are „decentralized“, „permissionless“, „peer-to-peer“, „self-hosted“…more philosofical keywords could be „Freedom“, „borderless“…there may be many other… I think it has to be something that really sounds good with not more than 3 really impressive and simple words

1 Like

I think “Open Money” is the right call!

2 Likes

good project to my side

1 Like

Its an excellent idea all together

1 Like

I really like that you can see the type of applcation on this page in the top right of each card. It’d be neat if we could sort or filter on that similar to how we can filter by all/team/community. Also at the bottom of the page it says “Add your App” which I like but the part below is less about adding your app and instead “Creating your own App”. I think “Add your App” should have an email address, a form, or some instructions to allow people to request their project be added. The link to the Dev center and the blurb above it should be kept but iwth a new header “Create your App” and maybe put the whole “Add your App” stuff below that to fit the flow.