Welcome Post & Introduce yourself

Hello my name is james Warren am 45 from united states. I am describe myself as bitcoin enthusiast. I have got 2 degrees in computer programming and web design I been doing it for almost 19 years. So am here to give support to nimiq and help anyone needs. I do alot of programming in java json. I love to learn new things and do charity work in my community,

3 Likes

I’m nitori, I’m from Colombia. i’ve been stalking the nimiq team since the beginning (when youtube vids made by the kid where actually a thing), i got shilled it pretty hard by scotty on the spacestation discord community. and i invested some trough him buying the ICO, he sold me some NET tokens before Nim was a thing. (i really didn’t liked the idea of doing all that KYC stuff) afterwards i got my small bag of net tokens, did the swap and I’ve been holding and minning it since it launched.

you might have stumbled me, cehh and scotty long ago in the nimiq discord, along with Glen and (gabby) who’s not there anymore we all come from a decentralized community where the Nimiq devs just had an AMA Yesterday, and here am i.

I actually gave a speech on nimiq before but not as trying to promote it. but as a usefull tool so people can understand how transactions are made and get a general idea of how blockchain and crypto works.

the speech was based on blockchains and bitcoin, merkel trees, hashing and how does a wallet is generated, what’s the math’s behind it, (elyptical curve for not technical people).
I needed a tool simple enough to make a practical example of how does a transaction takes place and nimiq was perfect for it, because college computers doesn’t allow any 3rd software installations without authorization so. nimiq worked flawlessly.

I gave away a nimiq shirt from the nimiq store to the kahoot winner out of my pocket but i think it worth it. i’ll tell richy or Talley next time i’ll do something like that for perks or stuff to giveaway i guess.

that’s pretty much it, you can get in touch with me on the discord channel. i don’t really use telegram at all.

i rarely speak Spanish as well, and i noticed richy has all the Spanish community on top notch updates so… yeah.

nice to meet you all again.
i hope we can get along

8 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is sanket and i am from India. I joined Nimiq 1 months before and want to contribute my knowledge and skills to the community and want to solve problems of community members.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I’m Luc. Following Nimiq for more then a year now, even if i’m completly broke and my bag of nimiq is very low since i had to start my own communication agency after i left a company where i worked as a web project manager and web developper.

My adress : NQ72 HYQB 87JP THHP KUBV 2FGG K9EE U8AX 3N49

Also i’m participating to the T-Shirt Design Competition, feel free to comment my work! Thanks !

3 Likes

Hi all, my name is Francesco alias IlCriptonauta. I’m Italian guy with a great passion for criptocurrency and blockchain. I’m Criptoverso Owner a little Italian community about blockchain and criptocurrency.

I don’t publish any links because I don’t know if it’s possible. Eventually some moderator can elucidate me.

Anyway, I discovered Nimiq for some time and immediately invested in this beautiful project.

If anyone wishes, I leave you my NIM address:
NQ27 QVUY QTVM EMP1 XQSK NHRK X6CS F6VJ 3A43

I apologize in advance if my English is not perfect, I am also here to improve it thanks to the conversations with all of you. :wink:

I can not help but wish you all a good continuation and a good stay in the forum

2 Likes

Welcome, Warren! It’s great seeing so many people wanting to collaborate on the project. Since you have quite a lot of coding experience, here’s some of the apps developed on Nimiq that may give you some inspiration as to what can be achieved.

If you have an idea, you can share it with the community to see if it’s something they’d like, or just ask them to see what they’d like to see and you could code it.

Hi everyone ! I think it’s time I write some text here to properly introduce myself.

I’m Paul, speaking to you from the South of France. I’m a web developper that mostly do PHP and I’m passionate about Laravel ! Working with it for a few years now (also teaching it in a Technical Institute), I still discover incredible stuff hidden in the core or created by the community. I’m late on the new JS technologies… I try to catch up by developping with VueJs. I also love design and creating ui/ux, lastly I play with Tailwind CSS that has really change the way I build interfaces (and I love it).

Enough of that ! I’ve discovered Nimiq in November 2019. I was curious about the cryptoworld, blockain tech, etc… I’ve done a simple Google Search and I’ve found Nimiq, like the first result or almost. Too bad I can’t remember my query…

Since then I’ve bought some NIM, I’ve mined on different pools, and I’ve tried to get a better understanding of these crypto, blockchain tech, etc… that are completely new to me. Still struggling, some of you may have encountered silly questions of mine on Discord maybe…

At some point I thought naturally that I should try to play with Nimiq and my dev skills. I guess it started locally on my computer, building a dashboard to follow my mined NIM, my wallet composition…

So far you may have seen me on a few subjects :

I’ve participated in the T-Shirts Competition. Didn’t write that up there, but I also play a lot with Photoshop, Photography, Video, well… visual arts.
My design was happily received by the community and I was thrilled to win the contest !

I was very much hyped by the Nimtris project of @Stefan ! I did a very very tiny tiny (…) contribution by proposing to him a small piece of code to use the colors of Nimiq Design Guide and he kindly accepted it. Thank you again, that was my second (yeah I checked, not first :slight_smile: ) pull request ever !

Finally I’ve recently released the Nimiq Game Store, a shop where you can buy some PC videogames with your NIM ! Nothing crazy, I think it has a clean and simple design, and adds a new case to what NIM could be used for. It relies on the Nimiq Crypto Checkout plugin for Wordpress+WooCommerce. After your transaction is sent, the plugin will auto update your order when it is confirmed, and you receive you game key by email. That simple !

You can check it out here : https://nimiq-game-store.paulgertz.com/

Hopefully the list is not over, I tend to try a lot of things, but I’m not finishing them that often…

For now, enough, this post is very too long. So, everybody, see you around soon !

8 Likes

Welcome Paul!

Glad to have you here. It’s great Google helped you get to us. It seems SEO is on our side :smiley:

Congratulations on winning the T-Shirt contest! And thanks a lot for the website! Yet another place people can use NIM for real world activities, like buying games. That’s exactly the kind of things I’m pumped to see in a crypto community.

I’m not much of a gamer myself, I only play Super Smash Bros with my friends :sweat_smile: but for sure I’ll share this site on my social media and make a Nimiq TikTok with it :star_struck:

Cheers,

Daniel

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my Name is Pedro I am from Monterrey Mexico, I being following cryptos since 2018 and this year start to mine some NIMIQ which became very excited about it, First using only web browser mining, now using windows desktop and next step is to try ubuntu and see how it works. By year end I will like to try some really good mining with GPU special PC.
I am not an expert put if I can help anyone here, will happily do it.

Enjoy!!!

6 Likes

Hello Pedro!

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you supporting Nimiq with the mining rewards! Remember we will be migrating to Proof of Stake on Q3 this year, so those NIMs you’re currently mining can serve you well if you hodl them so you can stake them later.

You can find more information about that here https://www.nimiq.com/albatross/

Cheers!

Daniel

Thanks @reds for the heads up, will check it out

1 Like

Hey dudes and dudettes :metal: been an avid follower since the testnet and been amazed by the progress thus far… Not really into coding but more into product management so the techy details sometimes overwhelm me haha. What strikes me most about nimiq is the simplicity and ease of use yet hiding all the complicated stuff under the hood…

I’m a muso and rockclimber at heart although playing death metal in South Africa won’t bring home the bacon, yet.

That said, I’m thinking about resurrecting a failed prize app startup to utilize the nimiq ecosystem, however I’ll obviously require some dev resources, so most prob going to approach the funding committee in due course, which is another amazing aspect of this project :yum: anyway, great project, great team, great community :metal: #hailnimiq

4 Likes

Hey Frans,

Thanks for the introduction. Glad to see you’ve had a good experience with Nimiq. The only death metal band I know and like (not sure if that’s the exact genre) is Opeth. Really good transitions and doesn’t give me a headache :slight_smile:

I wish you luck with trying to revive your prize app. One of the things I like about Nimiq is the community support and apps being built on top of Nimiq. I usually guide people to Nimtris, which is a Tetris-like game which you can earn NIM. Hopefully the funding committee will give a thumbs up :+1:

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi my name papskielsa , im currently living at Jakarta , Indonesia ( SEA ) … im starting look at cryto world since 2018 till now and why im choosing NIM because has different “value” from other coins .

1 Like

Welcome, Papskielsa! Thanks for joining the community. :slight_smile: I’m curious, what kind of different “value” do you see in Nimiq?

Just in case you’re not aware already, we have a community on Telegram you’re also welcome to.

Hi I am Scotty, I’ve never been able to create an account here but today I managed it with the help of google chrome. I’ve been in Nimiq since the CROWDFUND, love the principles of the team and the community. Me and some friends made a discord server in 2017, I met new friends and now some of them are here too!

2 Likes

Hi. im just new in Nimiq.
I hope i got good news joining in here.

3 Likes

Hi, I am from Jamaica and I joined the forum to learn how I can acquire NiM from Jamaica. It seems the trading platforms are not allowing participants from the Caribbean to participate. Great platform by the way, I am learning steadily.

3 Likes

Hi Jermaine,

Welcome aboard! What about Kucoin.com? Are you able to create an account there? I recon they accept credit cards. You could buy Bitcoin there and then convert it to NIM. If not, we also have BitMax.com as a possibility.

Let me know.

Regards,
Daniel

1 Like

Nice to have you here, vrythree!