Sponsored by Nimiq Foundation to support and increase Community interaction. Formed by members of Team Nimiq and the Community, the Board analyze community proposals, reward valuable users and search new ways to increase engagement.
About the Community Funding Board
- Members: Six members: Three from the Team Nimiq & three Community Representatives.
- Elections: Members are elected every 6 months through a voting system with the Nimiq Community.
- Incentive: All Board members are volunteers and support the Funding Board out of pure love for the project.
- Meetings The Board meets every month and discusses Proposals.
- Decision Framework: Project funding proposals are voten upon, simple majority of more than 50% of the Board decides the outcome of a proposal.
Outcomes: The outcome of proposal can be:
- Accepted: Funding is approved in the way detailed in the proposal.
- Rejected: Funding is not approved.
- Requested Modification: The board requests small changes/suggestions/answers before accepting the proposal.
How to send a proposal
Current Board Members
- Ginghis (resigned due to COVID-19)
Team Nimiq Representatives
Official communication channels
Project Proposals Sections
Users can send their proposals to the Proposals Category of the Forum. Board members will discuss it in the next meeting and reply with an outcome.
Community Funding Blog Posts
All meetings are summarized in a blog post published on the official Nimiq Website.
|Nimiq Funding Platform||Under Review||Nimiq-powered platform for funding|
|NimPAY||Approved||Nimiq Point of Sale System|
|PayNIM||Partially Approved||Nimiq payment service for email address or Telegram|
|Nimoji||Partially Approved||Nimiq Emojis Sticker Pack made by community designer|
|ShortNim||Approved||URL Shortner that works with Nimiq|
|Nimiq Wallet Manager||Approved||Self hosted Nimiq wallet|
|NimiqX||Partially Approved||API and various informative services|
|Nimiq Lightning Network Framework||Partially Approved||Nimiq Lightning Network Compatibility Research|
|Nimiq China||Partially Approved||Website dedicated to create awareness in the chinese community|
|GetNIM||Completed||Application to give NIM for tasks|
|Nimiq GPU Mining||Completed||SushiPool’s GPU development made open source|
|Nimex||Completed||Decentralized exchange for Nimiq and Ethereum|
|PoW-Captcha||Under Review||PoW system based on Nimiq|
|NimLotto||Under Review||Telegram Bot for a NIM Lottery|
|Nimiq ATM||Under Review||Implement an ATM that supports NIM|