New Wallet Feedback Thread

Only because of privacy, thanks! :+1:

1 Like

@2KidZ thanks! Removing addresses will be possible in the future

Thanks for the feedback @brantje. We heard this request a couple of times now in this thread (I’m assuming you’re talking about the fiat equivalent, right?) – I can absolutely understand it, but am also wondering: Hiding the fiat equivalent only solves that issue as long as people around you don’t know what a NIM value means. So it builds on the fact that other people don’t know about NIM, which I feel would be counter-intuitive. What do you think?

@woodyallen78 thanks for all the feedback!

About the Ledger bugs: We’re looking into it.
Dark theme: Will come.
Hiding/showing total balance in a NIM: Noted and will be discussed.
Select % of total balance as transaction amount: Can you elaborate a bit on your use case?

1 Like

We chose “Logout” to stay consistent with “Login” – I also see the connection between adding/removing, but I’d say the action is a bit different as adding an account is a permanent action, but removing an account doesn’t necessarily remove it forever. I think I didn’t fully understand your concern about “Logout” yet – can you elaborate a bit more?

1 Like

It’s of course true that a gray background is more toned down (I wouldn’t say it’s sad, but this is of course subjective). One main reason why we kept the base interface relatively plain (white/gray/darkblue) is to balance out our identicons, that are by themselves quite colorful already, give them room to shine and keep the interface calm at the same time.

We indeed focus on one address in the transaction history – this is a trade-off between full account overview and focus / separation of concerns – we decided for the latter, following the way other wallets and also more traditional banking interfaces work.

I guess showing the option for importing an account as “Login” makes sense when no accounts have been imported yet to the wallet, but I’m not so sure about showing the option to remove an account as “Logout”. For those that have experience with Nimiq is more or less clear that the Logout option would only remove the current account from the wallet, but since subsequents accounts are imported using the option “Add Account” it could be interpreted by newcomers that the Logout option is for removing all the imported accounts from the wallet. So maybe calling the option “Remove Account” instead would be more clear. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Would love to see Singapore Dollar Inside (SGD) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would this work for you, copy standard approach from Binance to quick switch between hiding/showing values?
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 9.39.54 AM

1 Like

Hi elch, thanks for asking! It’s only my opinion. Having a switch button would be really cool, but I’d like to switch between three options (with the same button): total NIM balance / total estimated fiat value / no info, only show stars. (total NIM balance being the default displayed option)

1 Like

Yes, that’s how I imagine what a privacy toggle looks like.

2 Likes

manage cashlinks – My problem with Cashlinks is, that I have a few thousand NIM frozen in unclaimed cashlinks for several month now. The links are stored in the browser and when you have to reinstall the wallet for any reason, those NIM are lost.

Since I learned that it works that way, I safe every cashlink by hand into a text file in case the reciever won’t claim the NIM. Alternatively unclaimed Cashslinks should have an expiration date and be sent back to my address if not claimed within 1 year or so.

List of contacts
Case 1: to easier filter each address of a wallet by contact, so that I can see from which address I’ve sent how much to a contact.

Case 2: the same reason as for the cashlinks - If I have to reinstall the wallet, all contacts are lost if I can’t safe them to a file.

I think I got what you mean – but I’m not sure I catched what’s the issue: The Logout option is visually tied to the active account in the account menu, so I would guess there’s not much room for interpreting it in a way that every other account is logged out as well. Furthermore, I’m afraid “remove” would have the same effect, but that’s my personal interpretation of those terms. I like to compare the concept in my head to how it works with your google account, or instagram account, or other more traditional services – there’s the possibility to have more than one account to use the service/interface, but everything I do in terms of login/logout/rename etc. has the scope of the currently active account. Does that make sense for you?

1 Like

Got it! We discussed this topic, and some kind of privacy feature like hiding balances is definitely coming. Showing the total balance in NIM would be an obvious one as long as there’s no BTC in your wallet. But as we have BTC integrated soon, this gets tricky. Anyway, it’s on our radar and we’re aware of the possibility.

Thanks for the explanation!

Re filter contacts: What you can definitely do is filter your TX history by contact name. That way you should be able to achieve that result?

Re saving cashlinks and contacts across devices: We have a sync feature planned, but this is further down our roadmap (and it’s tbd what’s possible to be synced). In the meantime, there should definitely be a way to export contacts in a file like in the Safe. I’m afraid all of the cashlink issues you mention are due to blockchain limitations, but we’re working hard to make things like this more accessible :slight_smile:

i think those values should update itself automatically.Dont sure if they do , maybe are buggy.
Also wallet txs takes more time to load than safe.For example in same accounts in safe loads faster

hope i helped , cheers.

I see what you mean, and it makes sense given that the paradigm used for instance for Google accounts (and now Twitter and many other services) is very well known. I was thinking rather that to login meant to access the wallet platform, where you would import each different Nimiq account, with the first account being imported during the login process, if that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, it is the same function that you have on some major exchanges like KuCoin. Let’s say that my NIM balance is 13,555 NIM, and I want to transact 75% of it. If I press the 75% button it will automatically calculate 13,555 x 0.75 = 10,166 without me having to do it manually. It is not a vital function but handy.

1 Like

I can see why this feature makes sense on an exchange (“I want to sell half now and keep half for later”), but I don’t see when I would want to send x% of my total balance to another account, except when I’m maybe distributing my funds to different accounts or so. When would you think this can come in handy to have?

1 Like

At some point the wallet had a button with the label MAX net to the field to enter the amount to transfer, it was removed though. So, I don’t thing something like that is added, but perhaps very basic support for performing arithmetic operations could be supported right in the field for the quantity. For instance you could write 75% and the field would be automatically converted in the quantity corresponding to the 75% in your NIM or BTC balance.