Welcome Post & Introduce yourself

Hi, I am from Jamaica and I joined the forum to learn how I can acquire NiM from Jamaica. It seems the trading platforms are not allowing participants from the Caribbean to participate. Great platform by the way, I am learning steadily.

3 Likes

Hi Jermaine,

Welcome aboard! What about Kucoin.com? Are you able to create an account there? I recon they accept credit cards. You could buy Bitcoin there and then convert it to NIM. If not, we also have BitMax.com as a possibility.

Let me know.

Regards,
Daniel

1 Like

Nice to have you here, vrythree!

Hey Scotty,

Great to see an OG Nimiq fan here! We’re proud of how the Nimiq community helps its members. Great place to be in the Cryptospace.

Hi, I’m Fons. I live in the Netherlands. I’m a proud member of the Nimiq Community I like the Idea and vision of the Nimiq team alot. I like to Design infographics for projects to explain difficult things with images and less text. The program I use is adobe illustrator. The projects I follow are Nimiq, TEN31 and Salamantex. The future is bright.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Hi FonsL. Thanks for joining in! A few months ago, we actually had a competition where we asked the community to design an infographic about Nimiq OASIS. Were you a part of the competition?

I’m impressed with the creativity and talent there is in the Nimiq community.

Cheers!

Hello Everyone, I am Dzola from Indonesia, I have been following Nimiq for a long time
I have sufficient experience since 2018, and have experience in the field of CM and marketing in Indonesia, my work experience is managing 2 Exchange Groups for local communities (Indonesia),
I am looking forward to building a strong business relationship with you. I hope your project can be our next target of success. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Dzola! Happy to see you here :ok_hand:

Hello, trying to find support for issue with Wallet. Can’t find any info or create a question topic. I get an access denied error.

Copy of intended message:

When trying to connect the Ledger Nano S, nothing happen after opening the Nimiq app on the ledger.
A popup initially appear asking to connect to the Ledger, it says “Ledger … - Paired”. The connect button then appear, but clicking it does nothing.

I tried:
3 different usb cables that i’ve tested work for other wallets
Chrome and Opera
Safe.nimiq and Wallet.nimiq.
re-installing all apps + firmware update

I’m out of ideas, please advise.

Hello Virosa,
this issue appeared with Chrome / Chromium based Browsers (like Opera) switching their USB backend in the newest version.
The workaround so far has been to either:

• disable the new backend via chrome://flags/#new-usb-backend
  • use Chrome 86 or below
  • click the cancel button instead of the connect button: this enables a fallback. Note that a bunch of popups might show up, which can be safely ignored though and actually must not be closed. Also note that on Windows this fallback only works for connecting to the Nimiq app, not for connecting to the Bitcoin app.
  • or use Firefox to use the same fallback implementation as described above with the same limitations.

But I just deployed a new Version of the Nimiq apps which should fix the problem without the need for workarounds. Please try again.

2 Likes

Thank you. I can confirm it works now with latest Chrome.

I just want to say, i’m really excited to see if Nimiq can push through and reach some level of mass adoption. I think it brings one of the exact crypto-mainstream bridge we require.

I hope to see it become as prominent as ETH.

2 Likes

Hey there :v: I’m Taiko and just like Austria, where i come from, i’m small but delicate. :crazy_face: Roughly a year ago a friend of mine hit me up about NIM but I was like “nah they probably won’t make it”, but hey i was real happy when i noticed i was wrong a few weeks ago. So here i am, believing in NIM and hoping the Team can achieve great things (i’m quite the tech noob) but i’m happy to help in any other way, so feel free to hit me up.

That being said i’m hoping to get to know all of you a bit better

1 Like

Hey Taiko,

Great to have another Nimion from Europe on board! Glad to have you here.

Regards,
Reds

1 Like

Hi my name is Fred,
i am researching on various topics in relation to blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. My last study focused on assessing the prevalence of cryptocurrency ownership (in Germany among a representative sample) as well as the determinants for ownership, trust and knowledge about the topic.

I am interested in submitting a research proposal to the nimiq-community focusing on governance in community-centric cryptocurrency projects. From my point of view, last year’s supply curve adjustments present an interesting example worth examining for a qualitative research paper. Anyone interested in discussing ideas, methodology or supporting me the way to a successful proposal is warmly welcome to contact me.

For verification purposes:

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Fred_Steinmetz

Thank you, and have a nice szn,
Fred

Hi Fred, welcome to the forum! Perhaps this could be of interest to you https://cryptoadoption.io

Hello everyone !
I’m Lug, a french street artist. I’m a crypto adopter since 2018, and discovered NIM… only a few weeks ago !
Big fan, i love the look, the tech, and the community :+1:

See you on Telegram ! :vulcan_salute:

8 Likes

Welcome to the community,
Don’t be weary to post on the forum as well, it really does help with the appearance of more activity and community because using Telegram hides conversations to the public eye, but enjoy the community please!

3 Likes

My name is Marvin (student and software developer) and I only discovered Nimiq a few weeks ago through a YouTube video.

I was totally hooked straight away and immediately started working on a few Nimiq-oriented projects.

6 Likes

Glad you pick Nimiq for starting your path in blockchain development! Much fits for both of us beginners with a background in web dev.

hey Redexe , excuse for direct contact but I can’t find contact details anywhere of the Nimiq Guys. my name is Rene I come from Zevenaar the Netherlands. I got super excited and bought Nimiq Today. How long will it take to receive Nimiq in my browser wallet? I bought them from Bitcoinmaster Netherlands and sent them to my wallet, however, this has already taken more than 5 hours minutes. what am I doing wrong? Or was I very Stupid to do it that way?

Greets René van de Werken

1 Like